FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Will the STAT Badge interfere with my ability so open doors or log in to computers using my ID?
Most IDs have an embedded RFID chip that will open a door or allow access to a computer system when the ID is placed in close proximity to a sensor. This is different and separate from the magnetic stripe that you have to slide through a reader like a credit card. The RFID chip uses radio waves and is not effected by magnets.
2. Will the magnets effect the magnetic stripe on my ID?
The magnetic stripe on the back of some identification cards are similar to those used in credit cards and may be effected by the magnets in your STAT Badge, but this has not been a reported problem. However, it is recommended to not allow the magnets to come in direct contact with the magnetic stripe. Should the magnets affect the magnetic strip and your ID has a RFID chip in it you will still be able to open doors and login to computers as the RFID chip is not effected by magnets.
3. Is the STAT Badge safe to use near Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICD)?
Many pacemakers are reprogramed or deactivated in the presence of a magnetic fields greater than 5 gauss. The recommended safe distance to keep your STAT Badge away from pacemakers and ICDs is 6 inches. The strength of the magnets used in your STAT Badge decreases to 5 gauss at a distance of 2 inches, giving you a 3:1 safety factor when you maintain the safe distance of 6 inches from any pacemaker of ICD. Follow these links for more information.
- K&J Magnetics, Pacemaker Safety
- Boston Scientific, Using Household Appliances and Tools (EMI Safety)
- Medtronic, Frequently Asked Questions
- American Heart Association, Devices that May Interfere with ICDs and Pacemakers
- Interference of neodymium magnets with cardiac pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators: An in vitro study.
4. Is the STAT Badge MRI safe?
NO. The STAT Badge contains two magnets which are not compatible in MRIs and the STAT Badge should be removed before entering the MRI restricted areas.
5. What if I buy a STATbadge and wind up not liking it?
First of all, don't worry. We have a 30 day money back guarantee including free return shipping. Click here to see our refund policy. We are offering this because we believe in our product and genuinely think you will like it better than any other product on the market. However, we would rather you be happy with your shopping experience than force you to keep a product you don't like. So if you are not happy with your purchase for any reason please reach out to us, we want to make it right.